All About SES and Kindergarten Information
Sopris Elementary School is a neighborhood school located in the beautiful town of Glenwood Springs, and we serve students in preschool through fifth grade. At Sopris, we believe together we can reach, teach, and inspire all students to excellence.
- Sopris Elementary School serves about 400 students in grades PreK-5 in Glenwood Springs.
- Sopris Elementary students thrive in a learning environment that fosters academic, social, and emotional growth.
- We offer STEM/Library, Music, Art & PE daily.
- We offer CLDE for emerging bilingual students.
- We offer a Gifted&Talented program P.E.A.K. for qualified students.
Our Approach to Learning
- Sopris Elementary is a neighborhood school that offers strong academic rigor and growth opportunities for all students.
- SES provides students with authentic learning experiences that engage students in activities they find meaningful and relevant.
- Extra Activities include Chess Club, Bel Canto, Girls on the Run, Aspen Strings, Nordic Rocks
- The school partners with parents and community to ensure the success of every student.
Our School Culture
- At SES, we value relationships, hard work, and diversity.
- The SES PTA group does a FUNdrun in the Fall, a Spring Carnival and meets monthly.
- We use restorative practices to foster an inclusive, equitable, culturally respectful, and safe school for all students and their families.
Glenwood Springs is located at the confluence of the Colorado and Roaring Fork rivers just off Interstate 70. This historic town is famous for the mineral-rich waters of Glenwood Hot Springs and Pool attracting visitors for over 125 years and the towering walls of the 16-mile Glenwood Canyon which was carved by the force of the Colorado River and snow-melt from the Continental Divide. Other attractions include the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, skiing at Sunlight Mountain Resort, rafting, hiking, mountain and road cycling and much more. According to the U.S. Census Bureau the city population in 2010 was 9,614. Glenwood Springs is also the county seat of Garfield County. For more information on Glenwood Springs visit the Glenwood Springs Chamber site.